Strawberry Cake with Wild Rose & Rhubarb
Our delectable strawberry cake dessert bursting with wild rose and rhubarb was expertly paired with our new 2022 Reserve Rosé. A delicate wine that ever so graciously brings out the fruit flavours of the cake.
Yield: 8 portions
Strawberry Sponge Cake Ingredients
- 110g All Purpose Flour
- 5g Strawberry Powder
- 120g Sugar
- 5g Baking Powder
- 1 Whole Egg
- 55g Butter, melted but cooled
- 110g Strawberry Puree
- 15g Sour Cream, room temperature
Strawberry Sponge Cake Method
- Preheat oven to 320F and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- In a bowl fitted for a stand mixer, add eggs and butter together and mix to combine. Add puree and sour cream and repeat.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Pour into greased pan and bake for 10-15 minutes to spring.
- Cool Completely before portioning.
Pistachio Crumble Ingredients
- 50g Butter, room temperature
- 50g Sugar
- 50g Flour
- 50g Almond Flour
- 15g Pistachio Paste
- 5g Matcha Powder
Pistachio Crumble Method
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix on slow for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients come together. Finish by hand with a rubber spatula or a blue scraper.
- Shape the dough into a log and wrap tightly with plastic cling wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- Using a grater, grate frozen dough log onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Ensure crumble is evenly spread across the tray. Bake for 12 minutes.
Rhubarb Rose Gel Ingredients
- 250g sugar
- 250g water
- 500g rhubarb, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 5g Agar Agar
- As needed, Wild Rose Infused Sugar
Rhubarb Rose Gel Method
- In a sauce pan, bring sugar and water to rolling boil. Add rhubarb pieces. Turn off and remove from heat. Leave rhubarb in syrup as it cools.
- Once cooled, strain rhubarb and reserve liquid. Blend rhubarb together to make a smooth puree, adding any syrup as needed.
- Place puree to a sauce pan and turn to medium heat. Add wild rose infused sugar 1 tbsp at a time until desired flavor is achieved.
- Bring mix to boil and add agar. Allow to boil for two minutes to activate agar while whisking constantly. Pour into a dish and allow to completely set in the fridge.
- Once set, blend the gel together until smooth consistency is achieved.
Explore the Wines you Tasted
Explore our carefully-curated selection of wines featured during your Taste of the Terrace demonstration, with each one thoughtfully paired with each dish to enhance the experience.